How to install z command
- Clone z project to your computer.
- For example, if you are about to clone it to home directory, use the following command:
$ cd ~$ git clone [email protected]:rupa/z.git
- Add execution of z.sh script to ~/.bash_profile with the following command:
$ vi ~/.bashrc
- Add the following content to the file:
- Save and exit
- Open a new shell, navigate to some directories and try to use z command to see if autocomplete works.
- Ubuntu does not have ~/.bash_profile by default https://askubuntu.com/a/510723/978822